Glenlair House: circa 1880 after enlargement by JCM.
Glenlair distant: Distant view of Glenlair.
Glenlair front: Front elevation of Glenlair.
Glenlair ruins 1: long after the destructive fire of 1929. The taller part to the left is the extension which was the result of an 1868 collaboration between JCM and Dumfries architect James Barbour (1834-1912).
Glenlair ruins (2): Distant view of Glenlair in ruins.
Glenlair 2009: The house in 2009.
Glenlair 2014 (1): The house in 2014. On the right of the picture, the original house built for JCM's father has been rebuilt.
Glenlair 2014 (2): The reconstructed house, centre, within the shell of the 1831 original Glenlair House.
Marischal 1850s: The courtyard of Marischal College, Aberdeen, as it was when James Clerk Maxwell was appointed as Professor of Natural Philosophy in 1856.
Marischal 2006: The courtyard of Marischal College Aberdeen in the 21st century. Note the Mitchell Tower, erected in 1895 on the original lower tower.
Cavendish Lab: A modern view of the front of the original Cavendish Laboratory in Free School Lane, Cambridge. The Cavendish opened in 1874 under the direction of James Clerk Maxwell, the University's first Cavendish Professor of Experimental Physics.
Cavendish back: A modern view of the rear of the original Cavendish Laboratory in Cambridge.
Scroope Terrace: Trumpington Street, Cambridge